Our History

The roots of United Way of Seneca County go back 50 years to the United Fund, founded in 1958. Its purpose was to solicit, collect, and disburse monies for charitable, philanthropic, benevolent and community purposes.

That fledgling effort was succeeded by United Way of Seneca County, formed in 1972 to continue the improvement and development of health, character, and well being to the residents of this county. The name was officially changed to the United Way to promote identification with the national United Way organization.

Today, United Way of Seneca County continues to invest funds in programs that demonstrate measurable results for people who need help and the community as a whole. We are committed to advancing the common good by focusing on health, education and income.

Current Director: Karen Macier
Executive Director: Karen Beals, 1998 – 2014
Executive Secretary/Director: Norma Lamberson 1983 – 1998
Executive Secretary: Catherine Bender 1968- 1983
Secretary: Mary Headley 1958 – 1968

Share This: